Hydroxy Propyl Methyl Cellulose
Hydroxypropylmethylcellulose has various uses and functions. Hydroxypropylmethyl Cellulose HPMC can be used as a lubricant, stabilizer, thickener, emulsifier, and film-forming agent in various industrial fields, and is also widely used in cosmetics. Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose HPMC is a semi synthetic polymer.The main viscosity of hydroxypropyl methyl cellulose is 100000, 150000, and 200000. CAS Number: 9004-65-3.
If you are looking for suppliers and manufacturers of Hydroxy Propyl Methyl Cellulose, please contact us now.
Hydroxy Propyl Methyl Cellulose - An Overview
Introduce the various hydroxypropyl methylcellulose uses and properties of Hydroxypropyl methylcellulose (HPMC).
The product and methylcellulose are a white powder thickener.Generally,hydroxypropylmethyl cellulose can increase viscosity at high shear rates, resulting in good rheological properties.This water-based system thickener can provide corresponding thickening performance at high shear rates, so Hydroxypropyl Methylcullulose is commonly referred to as a thickener or thickener.Compared with some traditional similar products in the past, hydroxypropyl methyl cellulose has better film-forming properties, and its operational performance is also very stable during painting, and its apparent performance can also be greatly improved.
What is HYDROXYPROPYL METHYLCELLULOSE？
Brief definition of HPMC Hydroxy Propyl Methyl Cellulose
– a synthetic modification of Hydroxypropylmethylcellulose used as a thickening, emulsifying and binding agent.
Hydroxypropylmethylcellulose have some very obvious characteristics, such as their economic performance, and their price is more advantageous than some imported products, under the same quality premise.
In terms of cost control, its addition is relatively small, but Hydroxypropyl MethylCellulose (HPMC) can achieve equal thickening, thus greatly reducing the cost of raw materials.
Hydroxypropylmethylcellulose greatly improves its flowability, leveling performance, and splash resistance, especially in some fields such as paint coatings, oil fields, and drilling.
Hydroxypropyl methylcellulose benefits
Hydroxypropylmethylcellulose is mainly used as a thickener, emulsifier, and adhesive in various application fields.
– Overview of the wide applications for HPMC
across pharmaceuticals, personal care, food, adhesives, and other industries.
China Hydroxy propyl methyl cellulose application
In general, gun propyl methyl cellulose has a wide range of uses and is widely used in some water-based systems, especially in coatings, paints, inks, textile printing and dyeing, printing, concrete, cement, as well as some cutting oils, grinding oils, and cutting fluids. For example, in the paint industry, hydroxypropylmethyl cellulose is widely used in waterproof coatings, water-based coatings, printing coatings, building coatings, interior and exterior wall coatings, and latex coatings, Hydroxypropylmethylcellulose is used in leather edge oil, ink, and other materials. Hydroxypropyl Methylcullulose is mainly used as a thickener here.
Hydroxypropyl methyl cellulose (HPMC; CAS No. 9004-65-3)
– Drilling fluid additive HPMC Properties and Specifications:
Firstly, when gunstock based methylcellulose is added to the mud fluid, Hydroxypropyl MethylCellulose (HPMC) can make the wellbore thin and hard. Mooncakes with low permeability will form to reduce the amount of water lost and gain, and drilling mud and other chemical components can produce a suspension effect after mixing with Qiang propyl methylcellulose, making its entire storage time more stable and long-lasting. At the same time, when adding gun propyl methyl cellulose to the slurry, hydroxypropylmethyl cellulose is rarely affected by mold, so after using this product, you do not need to add preservatives.
There is also the excellent stability of gun propyl methyl cellulose, which is better than ordinary products. Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose HPMC can maintain good water resistance at temperatures above 150 ℃, and Hydroxypropyl Methylcullulose is highly viscous and highly substitutable. Hydroxypropyl methyl cellulose is suitable for formulations with low density.Compared to some low viscosity and high degree of substitution, methylcellulose is suitable for high-density slurries. In different depths of field and regions, we choose different models of gun propyl methylcellulose.
hydroxypropylmethyl cellulose is particularly worth mentioning that adding hydroxypropyl methyl cellulose to the mud can give the entire drilling the initial potential, making Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose HPMC easy for the mud to release the gas trapped inside and abandoning some taxes in the mud pit.
hydroxypropyl methylcellulose uses
Emulsifier and stabilizer in cosmetics Other Industrial Uses:
As a thickening and suspending agent in shampoos, creams, lotions
Compared with methyl cellulose used in cosmetics, its scope is also very wide. First, Hydroxypropyl MethylCellulose (HPMC) is mostly used in hair care, toothpaste, mouthwash, toner, lotion, facial cleanser, shower gel, hair care, toner, and some gel series cosmetics.
Hydroxypropyl methyl cellulose can play a role in dispersing, adhesive, and synthetic film water retention in cosmetics, stabilizing emulsification and thickening, especially in some high viscosity products as a thickener. In low viscosity products, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose can be used as a suspension and dispersion chemical additive, and also as a film forming agent.
In some sunscreen cosmetics systems, hydroxypropyl methyl cellulose has become a very good film forming agent. In eye black,Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose has no gel cup, and has become a bonding agent. Therefore, we usually call Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose HPMC an emulsifier in cosmetics, and also an excellent stabilizer. Whether for cosmetics industry or other industrial fields, these characteristics make end users choose Hydroxy Propyl Methyl Cellulose.
– Discussion of HPMC viscosity grades, substitution types, particle size, solubility
The main viscosity range of conventional hydroxypropyl methyl cellulose includes the following.
The annual viscosity is mainly divided into several years: 100000 viscosity, 150000 viscosity, and 200000 viscosity. Currently, we only export the largest amount of hydroxypropyl methyl cellulose. You can determine the amount of addition in the product according to your own formula requirements. As a general rule, we recommend that you use an addition amount between 3 ‰ and 5 ‰.
Its particle size usually has a pass rate greater than 98% in 100 meshes, and a pass rate of 100% in 80 meshes, with a particle size ranging from 40 to 60 meshes.
Hydroxy Propyl Methyl Cellulose can be said that our gun propyl methyl cellulose is a sleeveless, odorless, non-toxic, slightly yellow or almost white powder that is soluble in a solvent mixed with cold water and organic matter, forming a transparent viscous solution.
- In the field of cosmetics, the main characteristic of propylmethylcellulose is that Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose is low irritating, has very mild performance, and is safe and environmentally friendly.
- Hydroxy Propyl Methyl Cellulose has good thickening and controversy. When you add a small amount of hydroxypropyl methyl cellulose, can form a transparent viscous solution with very stable performance. The lower the temperature, the greater the solubility, which effectively improves the flow stability of the system.
- Hydroxy Propyl Methyl Cellulose is a very good surfactant.The aqueous solution of the product has surface activity, emulsification protection colloid, and relative stability.
- Good water retention performance.Due to the excellent hydrophilicity of gun propyl methyl cellulose, it can maintain a relatively high water retention effect when added to award like and paste like products.
- We highly recommend using this product in cosmetics due to its excellent film-forming properties, mold resistance, dispersibility, and connectivity
Hydroxy Propyl Methyl Cellulose
– Binding and water retention in mortars and plaster
Firstly, Hydroxy Propyl Methyl Cellulose can be confirmed that the handlebar based methyl cellulose can play a very significant role in thickening, water retention, and easy construction in putty powder.
- From the perspective of water retention: After using Hydroxypropylmethylcellulose, the sealing process will continue to dry relatively slowly, which can assist in the reaction of gray calcium under the action of water.
- Easy to construct.Because lubricity is a major characteristic of cellulose, Hydroxy Propyl Methyl Cellulose can make putty powder easy to operate during the construction process. Hydroxy Propyl Methyl Cellulose does not participate in any chemical reactions and only serves as an auxiliary function. Therefore, adding putty powder to the wall with water is a chemical reaction process.But when new substances are generated, grinding the putty powder from the wall into powder and reusing Hydroxy Propyl Methyl Cellulose is not enough because a new substance, calcium carbonate, is already formed.
- Water retention, cellulose has good suspension performance and maintains a uniform state of solution. It can resist oil tanks and sedimentation during long-term storage or construction, which are all very good advantages.
We need to remind you that if you experience bubbles during the use of HP MC, there are two main reasons. One is that you put too much water in, and during the second round of construction, you carried out the second round of operation without drying the bottom layer, which is particularly prone to bubbles.
If you want to solve the problem of bubbles.We can consider solving the problem of this bubble from the above two reasons.
– Protective film former for coatings and paints
When we use our product in paint coatings, propylmethylcellulose is a good thickener in water-based systems, which can effectively improve the thickening effect. Whether you are in high or low PVC coating systems, Hydroxy Propyl Methyl Cellulose is soluble in water and can form a relatively high viscosity liquid.
So its most obvious feature is the three major aspects in paint coatings.
Has rheological control ability.
The use of propyl methylcellulose can help the coating to achieve a leveling effect, as Hydroxy Propyl Methyl Cellulose becomes finer during rolling and slaughter, resulting in a leveling performance. Therefore, Hydroxy Propyl Methyl Cellulose has a certain degree of effect on latex paint when we use hydroxypropyl methylcellulose.
Achieve suspension stability during storage.
During the long-term storage process of coatings,(Hydroxypropyl)methyl cellulose
can prevent pigment sedimentation and ensure that Hydroxy Propyl Methyl Cellulose remains uniformly suspended there, so Hydroxy Propyl Methyl Cellulose is said to be a suspended stabilizer.
Hydroxy Propyl Methyl Cellulose
Outstanding water retention performance.
Hydroxypropylmethylcellulose has a strong affinity for water fusion, which can slow down the evaporation of water, extend the opening time of water-based coatings, and reduce its trace .
– Description of key properties like hydration rate, surface activity, compatibility
The water retention rate of hydroxypropyl methyl cellulose reaches 97%.,Surface tension: 2% aqueous solution is 42-56dyn/cm.However, the high compatibility between propylmethylcellulose and other chemical components makes Hydroxy Propyl Methyl Cellulose widely used in many application fields.
Overall, hydroxypropyl methyl cellulose has been widely used in various industries due to its excellent performance and wide application, and has also demonstrated its maximum chemical properties and effects. Regarding the exploration of Jiangpropyl methyl cellulose in more different fields, if you have any questions, please feel free to contact us. We are willing to guide you in using and testing this product.
Welcome to inquire about the samples required for our product. We are willing to provide you with good hpmc price and free hydroxypropyl methyl cellulose samples.