Molecular formula of C24H44O6. This is a very common food and industrial additive. Whether monostearate sorbitan is used as an emulsifier, thickener, or dispersant, it plays an important role in different application fields. For example, in some plastic manufacturing and some coating production, sorbitan monostearat has become a good surfactant, and it can be matched and mixed with many different substances. Sorbitan Monostearate becomes a food additive, which can greatly improve the taste and appearance of the product.sorbitan monostearate is needed in some grease fields and oilfield drilling fluids.Sorbitan monostearate in yeast is a good additive to use.
Therefore, its chemical properties show extremely strong stability. We recommend that when using sorbitan monostearate side effects, you add sorbitan monostearate in strict accordance with the dosage prescribed by the country to ensure its relatively good safety, because in many countries, such as the European Union and North America, they consider sorbitan monostearat harmless to the human body.
What is Sorbitan Monostearate?
Description and Product Specification
|Max 8 mgKOH/gm
|Sorbitol, Sorbitan and Isosorbide esters content
|Heavy Metals (as Pb)
|Max 1 mg/kg
Sorbitan Monooleate Molecular Weight:
What is sorbitan monostearate?
Ⅰ. Introduction of sorbitan monostearate
Sorbitan Monostearate can be said that sorbitan monostearate is produced by the direct esterification of sorbitol and stearic acid between 180 and 280 degrees Celsius. Monostearate sorbitan is a mixture that, although it is insoluble in water, is soluble in oils, fatty acids, and some other types of organic solvents at some hot temperatures. Its greatest function is its good stability, lubricity, thickening and emulsification properties. Its appearance is that of a liquid lake of emulsifier. It is obtained by esterification with stearic acid under alkaline catalysis.
What is sorbitan ？
Ⅱ. Functions of sorbitan monostearate:
- Sorbitan monostearate is used in some foods, such as milk fudge, chocolate bread, fruit drinks, ice cream, etc. that contain protein ingredients in some drinks.
- Of course, monostearate sorbitan is also currently used as a relatively good stabilizer and emulsifier in medicine, pesticides, textile coatings, oil field drilling, grease and other industries other than food.
- Sorbitan monostearat is also a relatively good thickener, and of course many users use it as a gas chromatography fixative and emulsifier.
- Because sorbitan monostearat has good emulsifying, dispersing and lubricating effects, it is an excellent oil-in-water or water-in-oil emulsifier among some emulsifiers. sorbitan monostearate can be matched with many surfactants and can also be used in some emulsifiers. It is used as an emulsifier in pesticides, coatings, plastics and cosmetics. When it is mixed with a surfactant, monostearate sorbitan is mainly used as an antistatic agent and softener for acrylic fibers.
- When sorbitan monostearate side effects becomes a dispersant, monostearate sorbitan shows extremely strong dispersing ability in some application fields.
- As a food additive, sorbitan monostearate side effects is used in some yeast powder (sorbitan monostearate in yeast ), cream, and coffee. Its maximum dosage is 10 grams per kilogram.
- When sorbitan monostearat is used as an oil-in-water food emulsifier, sorbitan monostearate can be used alone or in combination with polysorbate 60, polysorbate 80, and polysorbate 65.
What is Sorbitan Monostearate?
SMO Oil Packing | Shipment | Export Port
The packaging of SMO Oil is divided into 25 kg barrels, 200 kg barrels or 900 kg barrels. We can package according to customer requirements. Usually the shipping time is 7~10 working days after receiving the deposit. Our main export ports are Shanghai Port and Ningbo Port.